I am a feminist counsellor in Melbourne committed to supporting a collaborative, equal therapy space for everyone I work with. I am a specialist trauma counsellor, with over 10 years experience supporting girls and women in trauma recovery.
I am an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and am Medicare registered. I can offer you rebates for sessions under a Mental Health Care Plan you can get through your GP.
I hold a:
- Bachelor in Psychology (Social Science)
- Social Work (Honours)
I have trained in:
- Emotion Focused Therapy (AASW accredited)
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Trauma (AASW accredited)
- Mental Health- Mood Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Stress
- Violence, Trauma, Abuse, and Sexual Exploitation
I am an accredited member of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
I have experience working with:
- Girls/ Young Women
Supporting people in the areas of:
- Trauma Recovery, Processing and Healing
- Sexual Assault/ Exploitation/ Trafficking
- Family Violence
- Self empowerment, esteem and confidence building
- Life transitions
- Stress Management
- Anxiety, and Social Anxiety
- Relationships & Couples Counselling
- Family Counselling
- External professional supervision
A Holistic Approach:
With my broad experience as a social worker , complimenting my knowledge of Psychology and training as a counsellor, I appreciate the unique nature of each person’s circumstances surrounding their experience of emotion, thoughts and behaviour. Accordingly, I see psychological challenges within the context of peoples broader lives, understanding the interplay between the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual and environmental.
I have experience working with groups and communities being the Founder and CEO of HerSpace, a non for profit organisation dedicated to seeing a world where girls and women are free from sexual exploitation (www.herspace.org.au). HerSpace’s aim it to establish a therapeutic community centre in Melbourne for all girls and women who identify as being affected by sexual exploitation to access and be supported in their healing and recovery journeys. HerSpace has also worked for years in community development with groups in Mumbai, India.